We have been experiencing technical difficulties with our online booking system. Please contact the bookshop on +44 (0)20 7472500 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to book via our website.
Saturday 8 June, 10.30am – 4.30pm
Over the duration of the day, participants will work from design concept to 3D object, learning basic ceramics techniques including coiling and slab building in order to make their own set of plant pots. Demonstrations will cover a range of hand-building, decorating and finishing techniques.
• This course is suitable for those with little to no experience of ceramics.
• Participants will be able to select up to four final pieces to be clear-glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
• All materials and firing costs are included.
• This course runs over one full day.
• There will be a break for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm. Lunch is not provided.
• Participants on this course may also be interested in booking on our Porcelain Ware course as a way to progress their functional ceramic practice.
Full Price: £65; Senior (65+): £58; Concession: £45;
Milo Mckeand will lead this course. Milo is a member of Clay Collective and the face behind Milo Made Ceramics. She describes her work as "slightly dysfunctional functional ware", which seeks to playfully investigate form and function, greatly informed by architecture and the built world. From the beautiful buildings of her home city of London to the imposing monuments of Soviet era Eastern Europe, she translates the unusual shapes around her into three-dimensional clay forms. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.