Saturday 11 May, 10.30am – 4.30pm
Starting with an informal tour of the Jonathan Baldock exhibition, this practical one-day course will give a detailed introduction to sculptural ceramics, focusing on hand-building ceramic techniques. Taking place in Camden Arts Centre’s Ceramics Studio, demonstrations will focus on coil building and slab work, followed by finishing and decorative techniques using slips and underglazes.
• This course is suitable for those with little to no experience of ceramics.
• Participants will be able to select up to four final pieces to be clear-glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
• All materials and firing costs are included.
• This course runs over one full day.
• There will be a break for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm. Lunch is not provided.
Full Price: £65; Senior (65+): £58; Concession: £45
Fredrik Andersson (a.k.a. FreddeLanka) will lead this course. Fred is a Swedish illustrator, ceramicist and sometime writer, who has been living in London for the past five years. He uses bold shapes and colors and make objects such as ceramics, prints and textiles for the home. His work is inspired by his own lived experience, using his practice as a way of processing memories and thoughts in a colourful and comical way. His work is currently stocked by Unripe Banana Café, DIY art shop and Liberty London. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.